Date: 3/4/17 10:28 pm
From: Suzanne Coleman <isooz...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Lake Glenview and air station prairie. Cook co.
Hello,

Some interesting things today.

Gulls were migrating, constantly flying over towards lake mi. Looked like all ring billeds.

No ducks at all seen on the lake. Very windy, chop. Maybe that's why? C geese were there. A few am tree sparrows remain.

Asp

Mallards, two woodcocks or more heard. Two Hawks in the area. One missing wing feather. Didn't get good look to ID. Flew low though. Killdeer called. No snipe seen or heard. Geese not around during day. Robins. Oh yeah the grackles are back! Some starlings and rwbbs.

After nightfall a loud firecracker went off ne of me and I looked over there and saw something strange. It looked like someone had started a bonfire. Unfortunately that is not what it was. It was an actual fire and it spread quickly. I called Glenview fd and they got there fairly quickly and put it out. It was pretty scary how it ate up the dry grasses. It would flare and then shrink assumedly as it reached new tall grasses and then consumed them. The preserve could use some fire I think but I'm not an expert. But not necessarily like that!

Suzanne Coleman
Park ridge. Cook.

Posted by: Suzanne Coleman <isooz...>

<*> Your email settings: