Date: 3/4/17 8:49 pm
From: <obol-bounce...>
Subject: [obol] March OBA Photo Contest Open!
Hello all and welcome to another edition of our friendly OBA Monthly Photo
Contest!
I've already started recieving submissions, which is fantastic! I look
forward to receiving everyone's amazing submissions, especially since it
gives me, and everyone else the opportunity to see all those beautiful
Oregon birds through their eyes.
Speaking of submissions, please send them my way via email! And, as
usual, here is a quick run down of contest rules:

- Contest submissions must be of wild birds only and while minor editing
to crop or adjust lighting are acceptable, photographs with major
modifications to the subject or background, or photo montages, will be
rejected by the contest moderator, whose decision is final.
- You do not need to be an OBA member to submit a photo in the contest.
- You do not need to be an OBA member to vote in the contest.
- Submission period for photos will be the first two weeks of every
month, and must be received by our Contest Coordinator by 5 pm on the 14th
day. Submitted photos will then be posted here for people to vote on.
- Once the voting is completed, the winning photo will be displayed as
our website home-page image for the following month.
- Photographers may only submit one photo per contest (monthly).
- Voters may only vote for one photo per contest (monthly).
- Photo must have been taken in Oregon and within the current month or
two months prior. For example, only photos from March, April, and May will
be accepted for May's contest.
- Please include the species name, location, date the photo was taken,
and your name and email address.

Submission period is the first two weeks of every month

I would also like to remind everyone that the nesting season has begun or
is starting to begin in some species and they are more sensitive to
disturbance than they may be at other times of year. Even if it's not the
critical nesting season, I urge everyone to practice good ethics when it
comes to photographing our beloved Oregon birds and learn to read their
behavior. Give them the space they need if they appear agitated or
stressed. There have been a couple times when I've noticed my behavior
getting close (but not too close) to this sometimes fine line.
And with the hopes of not coming across as a curmudgeon, I urge everyone to
send me their photos! I look forward to seeing what you've seen out there!
Cheers,
Zia Fukuda

Join us on Facebook!