Date: 3/4/17 6:17 pm
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqvr...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [SBB] A Report On Charleston Road Marsh
I'm optimistic that if the plantings grow in well, the quality of habitat will be significantly improved.  I don't know if the birding will be improved, since you're set back further from the marsh (except for the decks and bridges).

If you’re curious about the project, here’s some info:

The city page on the project. The council review link has a map with the proposed work and plantings: https://mountainview.legistar.com/LegislationDetail.aspx?ID=2522869&GUID=C5F402C7-EC1A-4AD6-BB1F-DCF0F79B1736

The SF Chronicle did a piece on it: http://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/Google-aims-to-build-bridges-with-wetlands-project-9198686.php

There are people unhappy with the project (but there are people unhappy with everything), but it should be noted the project got official support by Santa Clara Valley Audubon, Sierra Club Loma Prieta Chapter, Committee for Green Foothills and other advocacy groups.

--

Chuq Von Rospach - http://www.chuqui.com
Email: <chuqvr...>

> us about the project, a few  links