Date: 3/4/17 5:48 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] today's birding
I think I have posted most of what Tristen Hynes, Tye Jeske and I found today. We had an hour of good conditions at the Newport s jetty this morning. After that there were long heavy squalls most of the day.

The gull and sea duck numbers along the s jetty are still impressive. All three scoters are present in the same place, which is not that common.

Baskett was cold, windy and slow this afternoon. The highlight was a flock of about 60 Dunlin. Duck numbers were remarkably low. I'm not sure if these birds are already moving or if they have simply spread out into the abundant wetness. I suspect the latter.

About 20% of the swallows in large flocks at Ankeny were VGs.

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

<acontrer56...>

Sent from my iPhone