Date: 3/4/17 2:33 pm
From: Judy & Don <9waterfall9...>
Subject: Re: Does anyone know how to deal with this?
Someone out there will know the answer to this. Don and I were talking about this at lunch and he recalled that when he was a teen hunting waterfowl lead had already been banned for ducks and other game birds. He remembered using steel instead. That was my memory also from decades ago, that hunters had stopped using lead. This may have been lead shot, not lead bullets.
Anyway that's why we didn't call as Joan suggested.
Thanks,

On Mar 4, 2017, at 8:12 AM, Joan Reynolds <joanreynolds...> wrote:

> Perhaps had more of us contacted Obama directly and let him know why banning lead was important, he would have done it sooner.
>
> On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 8:09 AM, Kenny Nichols <0000011f0020ee30-dmarc-request...> wrote:
> I'm no fan of lead ammo, but why did the Obama administration wait 8 years (and their last full day in office) to implement this order? In other words, Zinke overturned a ban that was in effect for less than two weeks under Trump and less than a day under Obama. If it was that important (and I believe it was), this should have been done 8 years ago. Sadly, this was done on the last day purely for political purposes...knowing the incoming administration would most likely overturn the order.
>
> Kenny
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Mar 3, 2017, at 11:15 AM, Judy & Don <9waterfall9...> wrote:
>
>> Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke signed an order Thursday overturning a ban on using lead ammunition on wildlife refuges.
>>
>> http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/322058-interior-secretary-repeals-ban-on-lead-ammunition

Join us on Facebook!