Date: 3/4/17 12:05 pm
From: Janna Pauser <jannapauser...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Guadalupe River trail 3-04-17
Recent storms have devastated the riparian habitat along the Guadalupe
River trail north of Blossom Hill Road. Despite the downed trees and
debris piles I found the usual birds. CLIFF SWALLOWS, at least 7, were
inspecting nests under the freeway overpass. NO. ROUGH WINGED SWALLOWS
numbers have increased but WHITE THROATED SWIFTS 15, were down from my
last visit. Only COOTS and CANADA GEESE were on the pond at Chynoweth. A
WESTERN BLUEBIRD pair and CEDAR WAXWINGS were seen at the north end of
the pond. A MERLIN was eating prey from a perch. Unusual were 8 COMMON
RAVENS soaring together. I heard LINCOLN'S SPARROWS and saw two. An
immature BALD EAGLE flew towards me, then landed on the ground where I
found him sitting beside a pond along Sanchez Drive until he took off
towards the north.

Janna Pauser
San Jose

Join us on Facebook!