Date: 3/4/17 11:32 am
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Fwd: GANONDAGAN Raptor Surveys - Cancelled for this evening
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: VanWinkle, Alexis (PARKS) <Alexis.VanWinkle...>
Date: Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 12:39 PM
Subject: February Raptor Surveys - Cancellation

It is with regret (and a little frustration), that the raptor surveys for
this evening have to be postponed. The wind-chill is just too low (reading
at about 2 degrees F currently) in the grasslands, and will just get lower
as the day progresses. After much debate, and hoping that the weather
improved, we have decided that it’s too dangerous to have people out in the
open in such frigid temperatures, especially during flu and cold season.

Raptor surveys will take place in March. Those dates will be released on
March 9th.

Thank you everyone for your patience, it seems the weather has gotten us
again. I truly appreciate all of the help everyone has given towards this
project. It does not go unnoticed by the site staff (both Environmental
Field Team and Interpretive Staff).

Alexis VanWinkle

Supervising Conservation Steward

Ganondagan State Historic Site