Date: 3/4/17 7:28 am
From: Glenn <000001214b3fcb01-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Goldfinch counting
This is the time of year where I start thinking about taking my bird feeders down. Why? Because we get so many American Goldfinches, they empty my feeders in a day. And I just can't afford to keep buying that many sunflower seeds.
Plus, the grackles have found my feeders.  Anyhow, to my question. From sunup until about 1 PM, I can usually spot 20-30 goldfinches out feeding. Do the same 30 birds stay there and feed for 6 hours straight? Or are there many more goldfinches and they just come and go? What is the best way to get an estimate on how many of these pretty yellow birds I'm actually feeding? They don't stay put, they will eat for a few minutes, then something will scare them and they all fly away, then in a couple minutes they either come back, or another group comes in. Thanks.
Glenn WyattCabot

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Join us on Facebook!