Date: 3/3/17 8:20 pm
Subject: Glaucous Gull Photos
All,

Nice photos of the Glaucous. However, I was curious as to the identity of the adult Gull in the third and fourth photos. It appears to have dark coloration that extends to the superior mandible from the gonys of the lower. The mantle appears darker than I would expect for a Herring. Also, the legs look rather yellow-green. Iris color I can't determine........Winter plumage California Gull????? Maybe I'm reading too much into that one??? Also not sure if the partial adult in the second is the same bird in the third and fourth.

This is why I like Heermann's gulls....not much challenge there!

Ryan.

Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!