Date: 3/3/17 8:05 pm
From: Jim Forde <jimforde...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Dark Morph Ross's Goose Photo - Tama Co.
Today at Otter Creek Marsh I spent much time and effort scoping Snow Geese for a dark morph Ross's Goose.
It was like looking for a needle in a haystack except that haystacks don't move away from you to the farthest corner of the marsh nor does a haystack constantly rearrange the straw while your looking. So I found the task
demanding but there were times when the geese were within range (60X), the light was good and eagles absent.
Maybe the dark morph isn't as rare as I think and it's just scoping one that is the difficult part.

Jim Forde
Cedar Rapids