Date: 3/3/17 6:10 pm
From: Jody Williams <fisherwoods...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] El Rio open space- Coastline Pit, Marana,
I had a few nice sightings and one good sighting at the Coachline lakes today. Best had to be a good close look at a Pacific Wren along the SW edge. That stubby tail is so cute. Snowy Egret is always a pleasure, in particular as it landed by the two Great Blue Herons who croaked at it, driving it off.
Ducks are starting to increase in diversity.

The Sharp-shinned Hawk was harrassing the raven by the western ridge… as I watched it I spotted the vulture well over a thousand feet above.

El Rio Open Space Preserve (Coachline Gravel Pit), Pima, Arizona, US
Mar 3, 2017 4:20 PM - 5:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.75 mile(s)
Comments: 82, light wind, partly cloudy
29 species

Gadwall 2
Mallard 28
American Wigeon 1
Northern Shoveler 6
Northern Pintail 1
Double-crested Cormorant 7 all with orange-yellow gular patches
Great Blue Heron 2
Great Egret 3
Snowy Egret 1
Black-crowned Night-Heron 1
Turkey Vulture 1
Sharp-shinned Hawk 1
Cooper's Hawk 1
American Coot 24
Mourning Dove 20
Anna's Hummingbird 2
Gila Woodpecker 2
Black Phoebe 3
Vermilion Flycatcher 4
Common Raven 1
Northern Rough-winged Swallow 4
Violet-green Swallow 2
Verdin 3
Pacific Wren 1 Very small brown wren with a stubby erect tail. Viewed for about 4 seconds at 15 feet with 8.5 X 44 binoculars.
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 2
Abert's Towhee 1
House Finch 6