Date: 3/3/17 5:27 pm
From: <jacksonwrxt89...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Please don't disturb the Owl
The GREAT GRAY OWL in Newport is starting to draw more and more of a crowd. While visiting this afternoon I heard there had been over 50 people there at one point! Unfortunately, I've heard that not everyone is using proper etiquette. I've been told that one person approached the owl far too closely and even imitated owl calls to get a reaction from it. While I was there someone else walked right by behind the owl on the opposite side from where the crowd was gathered. They were met with a myriad of shouts and demands to move so I think they learned their lesson, but please use proper owl watching etiquette while doing so. I'm sure the majority of the people reading this play by the rules, but maybe we can help prevent others from doing the opposite.
Also, the larger crowds are bringing more cars. Just want to suggest people are really careful about where they park while visiting. Try to avoid parking anywhere that might be a problem to a property owner or traffic. On that note, I hope this fantastic bird hangs around through the weekend so more people get a chance to see it.

As I said, I arrived in the late afternoon and met a crowd of around 30-40 people watching the bird in the northern end of the field. A good mix of new and familiar faces. I took a few photos and three videos of the bird which have been added to my ongoing gallery. As a bonus species, Steve Bennett and I heard some HORNED LARKS pass overhead as we were talking.
https://flickr.com/photos/103784740@N03/sets/72157677399527574

-Dylan Jackson
Sunapee

Sent from my iPhone