Date: 3/3/17 5:12 pm
From: Maeve and Dick <maeveanddick...>
Subject: [obol] FOY female rufous hummingbird, south of Eugene, and more

FOY one female rufous hummingbird arrived at our home three miles south of
Eugene today, March 3rd at 5:00 p.m. This is around a week later than the
past three years, about average for the 11 years before then (2003 - 2013)
and about a week to ten days earlier for the six years before then
(1997-2002). A FOY tree swallow also arrived today as did four western blue
birds. At least two of the blue birds landed on the same bird house that
blue birds nested in last year, out of the 44 bird houses we manage on our
ten acres. It was a good day for first arrivals even though the weather is
not very nice.

Dick Lamster

Join us on Facebook!