Date: 3/3/17 4:02 pm
Subject: Help--possible Glaucous (maybe Iceland) at Wrightsville Beach Mason Inlet
Today (Friday) between 1:30 and 3 pm an apparent immature Glaucous or maybe Iceland Gull was hanging out at the north end of Wrightsville Beach (Mason Inlet) with other gulls and terns, providing great looks. I would appreciate help confirming the species-photos are in the ebird checklist linked below. The bird had entirely white plumage and a two-toned bill that looked more like 1cy Glaucous than Iceland, but I am admittedly not familiar with either.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ebird.org_ebird_view_checklist_S34941060&d=DwIFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=pPPFJJoVYXToS_TIH9zf-Tga5VHfdBR7IUQsIqpMWjc&s=ebpIf7C5ZXkmxf2To-fduTAzXS-TjkRQVCuFtISLozM&e=

Good luck if you are in the area, hope it sticks around!

Thanks!

Matt Spangler
currently Wrightsville Beach NC

Join us on Facebook!