Date: 3/3/17 3:28 pm
From: Jonathan Lutz <jlutz...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Paton Center: open, construction-free this weekend
Good evening, birders.

The Paton Center for Hummingbirds remains open for visitation and birding.
The front yard feeding station and meadow gardens are attracting a nice
variety of species. The Violet-crowned Hummingbird is being seen daily, but
it helps to be here early (before 9:00 am). We've received a nice push of
Broad-billed Hummingbirds this week, with at least a dozen individuals
distributed across the property.

The long-awaited opening of the Patons' backyard is still 2-3 weeks away.
However, tomorrow (Saturday, March 4) I will be hosting a sneak preview of
the new pavilion area from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. Visitors will have an
opportunity to try out our new wheelchair-friendly (ADA compliant) surface
and get a feel for what the new viewing area will be like. Keep in mind we
still have a lot of work to do, including rock retaining walls and a hearty
amount of landscaping.

Happy birding!

Best regards,
Jonathan