Date: 3/3/17 3:00 pm
From: Judy Ettenhofer <judyett...>
Subject: [wisb] Re: Sandhills and cranes on the Platte
I concur, too, on the snow geese. We drove through Nebraska on Sunday and
were treated to huge flocks of snow geese overhead. Amazing sight.
Judy Ettenhofer
Sauk County
On Mar 3, 2017 2:30 PM, "B.G. Sloan" <bgsloan3...> wrote:

I agree with Peter McKeever 100% on this! A few years ago about this time
I drove I-80 through Nebraska heading to Salt Lake City. Took a side trip
on back roads around Grand Island. Saw maybe 60,000 Sandhill Cranes
foraging in the fields, plus a ton of Snow Geese. Also saw my first ever
Whooping Crane along I-80! I actually got off at the next exit and doubled
back to the last exit to verify...
Bernie Sloan
Former Milwaukeean

http://www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn