Date: 3/3/17 2:42 pm
From: Chrissy Kondrat <azdesertbird...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Volunteer Opportunity
Hey there!

We’re looking for volunteers and help to count both species of cormorants
across the state (and cover lots of ground here in metro area) on March
18!! This is a Research project to examine the impacts of cormorants on
fish in AZ, and we need your help to survey lots of territory in a
specified 5 hour window, from 7am-12noon on March 18. I’ve attached the
flier we send out to volunteer groups. Take a look at it if you’re
interested and let me know if you are willing to help us out! We welcome
all levels of experience!

If you can’t attend a training, I can quickly get you up to speed on how to
distinguish the 2 species generally and what we need to get done for the
count, so don’t let that stop you from volunteering!

Thanks,

Larisa

*Larisa E. Harding, Ph.D*

Terrestrial Research Program Manager

Arizona Game and Fish Department

5000 W. Carefree Hwy

Phoenix, AZ 85086

(623)236-7301

*Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all­ – Helen Keller*