Date: 3/3/17 2:04 pm
From: <mdodder...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Shoreline Lake and Charleston Slough 03-03-17
Folks,
I did a quick circuit of Shoreline Lake and Charleston Slough during lunch. Highlights were a male HOODED MERGANSER on the small dock on the west side of the lake. Later, an adult BALD EAGLE passed overhead at an altitude of less than 50 feet! Earlier it had made a wide circle over the slough and Flood Control Basin. Way in the distance, on the Byxbee Park hillside, I spotted the SNOW GOOSE coming in for a landing among a flock of CANADA GEESE. It is now looking much like a full adult, with very little of the gray smudging it had earlier in the season.
Matthew DodderMountain View

Join us on Facebook!