Date: 3/3/17 1:55 pm
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Rusty Blackbird/Portland
3/3/17 Saw 3 White-crowned Sparrows in my feeding area today.  Presume they are part of the 5 that have been overwintering and showing up off & on since 11/21/16.
Belated posts:

2/28/17  At dusk heard and saw 1 American Woodcock in same vineyard block where I heard 1 bird on 2/20/17.  This time I heard at least 75 peent calls and saw three flight displays.  I also saw the bird fly from the vineyard towards an area of woods and did not hear any more peenting after that.

2/27/17  Had 1 Rusty Blackbird in a mixed flock of 125 Red-winged Blackbirds, 17 Common Grackles and 19 Brown-headed Cowbirds. Also had 1 Song Sparrow and 2 Chipping Sparrows (the chippies also overwintering) in my feeding area.
Carol Hardenburg Portland, NY Chautauqua County
<cjhardenburg...>