Date: 3/3/17 12:50 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Cape Ann - 3/1
Here's a complete list from the BBC trip to Cape Ann on Wednesday. Seas
were calm, the weather warm and the rains never came!

While we did not have high numbers of birds, we had a wonderful
variety. Many thanks to the birder who came by and pointed out the King
Eider at Andrews!

Barbara Volkle
Northborough, MA
<barb620...>

*

Jodrey State Fish Pier, Essex, Massachusetts, US
Mar 1, 2017 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
16.0 mile(s)
Comments: BBC - Midweek Hunt for Alcids and Seabirds - Leader: Barbara Volkle - calm seas, more choppy in Gloucester, high of 65 degrees
40 species

Brant 5 Plum Cove, low tide
Canada Goose 2
American Black Duck 2
Mallard 35
Ring-necked Duck 7 Niles Pond
Lesser Scaup 7 Niles Pond
King Eider 1 female, Andrews Point looking towards Halibut
Common Eider 95
Harlequin Duck 85 most at Andrews Point and Cathedral Ledge, visible because of calm seas
Surf Scoter 3
White-winged Scoter 12
Black Scoter 6
Long-tailed Duck 6
Bufflehead 41
Common Goldeneye 1
Barrow's Goldeneye 1 Plum Cove, low tide
Red-breasted Merganser 36
Common Loon 12
Horned Grebe 1
Red-necked Grebe 1
Northern Gannet 2
Great Cormorant 2
Thick-billed Murre 1 Jodrey Fish Pier, continuing bird
Razorbill 21
Ring-billed Gull 51
Herring Gull 430
Great Black-backed Gull 230