Date: 3/3/17 12:05 pm
From: Mike Wanger <misterwanger...>
Subject: [wisb] Uncommon Goose species trifecta - Milwaukee County
Hi fellow Birders,
This morning Marilyn Bontly and I noted that the Greater White-fronted
Goose is still lingering along the downtown lakefront, just south of the
Veterans Park Lagoon. Northridge Lake yielded seven Snow Geese and a Ross's
Goose, along with several hundred Canada, some standard gulls, Mallards,
and a pair of Hooded Merganser. Thanks to Barb Kellerman for letting us
know they were still present at Northridge.

One of the Snow is rather interesting -- dark all over except for white
near the base of the bill, and a white eye-ring.

This may be "ho hum" for certain other counties, but for an over-developed
metro county like Milwaukee, this just might be a "first": White-fronted,
Snow, and Ross's all in-county at once. A real treat. (I haven't been
birding all that long -- maybe an old-timer can tell me
otherwise......Bernie Sloan? Are you still out there?)

(Northridge Lake is on Brown Deer Road at about North 70th Street.)

Tally ho,
Mike Wanger
Milwaukee County