Date: 3/3/17 11:57 am
From: Barb GORGES <bgorges4...>
Subject: Cheyenne Audubon field trip Mar. 18: Goshen Hole
Hello Wyobirders,
You are invited to join Cheyenne - High Plains Audubon Society members Mar. 18 to bird Goshen Hole.
We will leave at 8 a.m. from the Lions Park parking lot between the Old Community House restroom and Children's Village (south side of the Children's Village). Carpooling may be available. Bring a lunch since we will not get back to Cheyenne till between 3 and 5 p.m., though you are welcome to return to town at any time. Dress for the weather.
Contact Mark Gorges, 287-4953, or by email at <mgorges...>, if you plan to come and want to be notified of any changes in plans due to weather.
Goshen Hole refers to an area of Goshen County, Wyoming, on the state's eastern border. Just south of Yoder, about 80 miles north of Cheyenne, there is a series of reservoirs included in the Springer/Bump Sullivan Wildlife Management Area.
Farther north, towards Torrington and Lingle is more wetland bird habitat: Rawhide and Table Mountain Wildlife Management Areas and Hawk Springs Reservoir.
Road conditions will determine where we go.
Barb Gorges

Join us on Facebook!