Date: 3/3/17 11:37 am
From: RALPH ELDRIDGE <lightrae1...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] MACHIAS SEAL ISLAND REPORT
I was speaking to the island this morning and learned that the ROBINS are
building up and scouring the lawns, enjoying the abundant worms.
The first Robins arrived just a month ago.

WOODCOCK have also been foraging for worms around the houses.

Some small birds described as looking rather warbler-like have been seen.
My suspicions run towards them being either the 1st returning SONG SPARROWS
or perhaps a few drab GOLDFINCHES.

Looks like it's time for the seed catalogues.