Date: 3/3/17 10:59 am
From: Steve Mirick <smirick...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Mew Gull - NO
I stopped by the Rockingham Park area in Salem today at noon to try to
relocate the Mew discovered by Kyle on Wednesday. No luck. This is the
2nd time I've searched and come up empty.

As Kyle suggested, the gulls are sporadic. The Sears Auto Center was
pretty much a bust a mid-day. Zero today at noon. Most of the gulls
were in the area of the Market Basket parking lots along Route 28 and
they appear to be on the roof top at the Target Store near the
intersection with Cluff Road. I was hoping to find it here, but no
luck. For those of you who have been birding the area for a while, it
was the nearby Toys R Us store roof top that hosted a NORTHERN WHEATEAR
back in September 2006!

If you visit, I suggest earlier in the day before the traffic gets
crazy. Lunch hour is NOT a good time to visit! :-( Also, it might
help to bring along some bread to try to bring in the gulls. :-)

You are guaranteed to find Fish Crows in the here. Clearly this is
"ground zero" for Fish Crows in New Hampshire. Had a flock of 35+ crows
swarming overhead at one point this afternoon. I think that most or all
of them were Fish Crows. There ARE a few American Crows around, but the
Fish Crows are most gregarious in this area.

Steve Mirick
Bradford, MA