Date: 3/3/17 7:13 am
From: Bob Archer <rabican1...>
Subject: [obol] Re: ? about ebird inre the westside gyr
Hi:

It is hard to track a rare bird until the reviewer accepts the records, a
major issue with eBird in my opinion. But you can look at Explore a Region
and enter Linn, Oregon, you can see the recent lists. Or go to Alerts and
review all the recent Gyrfalcon sightings for Oregon.

Bob Archer

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 12:26 AM, Hendrik Herlyn <hhactitis...> wrote:

> Hi Tom and all,
>
> Gyrfalcon is a "flagged" species in Linn County, so I assume the regional
> eBird reviewer has not gotten around to confirming the reports yet - which,
> for flagged species (i.e., rarities and unusual birds) is a prerequisite
> for the data to show up on eBird maps and graphs. Given the number of
> diagnostic photos, it should only be a matter of time before the reports
> are displayed in the eBird output.
>
> Cheers
>
> Hendrik
>
> On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 11:44 PM, Tom McNamara <tmcmac67...> wrote:
>
>> Some ebird-anado must know what's going on with following so I'd suggest
>> a reply to the list as a whole. The issue: I've tried searching ebird
>> using the Explore Data tab for this Linn County gyrfalcon. No results.
>> I've tried using the Species Maps and the Bar Charts and I don't get any
>> returns for it. This is in contrast to, say, the gyr that Khanh Tran found
>> a couple weeks ago in the Wallowas. What's going on with this? I know the
>> bird has been reported to ebird by a number of individuals but there are no
>> purple rectangles which resolve into marker balloons as one zooms in.
>> cheers, Tom
>>

> --
> Hendrik G. Herlyn
> Corvallis, OR
>

> *"Nature is not a place to visit. It is home." -- Gary Snyder*

Join us on Facebook!