Date: 3/3/17 5:17 am
From: Kathleen <kab2769...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Eastern Phoebe, Red-winged Blackbirds Rehoboth 3/3
Just now there is an Eastern Phoebe on the ground under my feeder, picking at the dried mealworms I've been putting out for the dozen or so Eastern Bluebirds that have overwintered in my yard. I just know it is one "my" phoebes, returning to nest under my garage deck, or perhaps one of the offspring that I rescued from a mite infestation a few years ago. I hand bathed each nestling in a warm solution of Dawn and rubbing alcohol, destroyed the nest and gave them a new one (tupperware dish with paper towel/mesh), and they fledged successfully.

Also, a female/juvenile and an adult male Red-winged Blackbird.

Kathleen Bartels
Rehoboth
<kab2769...>

Join us on Facebook!