Date: 3/2/17 6:58 pm
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqvr...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Spring is here, spring is here…
well, a couple of early indicators, at least. One is that we’ve had robins in the front yard this week, which generally happens as they move from wintering to summering grounds. Once the wave is through, we’ll have a few, but not dozens (and in winter, they’re mostly MIA here).

And today I saw a chickadee wrestling with a huge hunk of shedded fur from one of the local feral cats, clearly looking to use it in a nest. And the local Oak Titmouse has stopped calling as reliably as had been for a mate, so it looks like he found one.

Chuq Von Rospach - http://www.chuqui.com
Email: <chuqvr...>
Twitter: @chuq
Silicon Valley, California