Date: 3/2/17 6:23 pm
From: <jmeredit...>
Subject: [obol] Malheur County birds
Vale Sewage Pond area was very muddy and had deep puddles and I could
not / did not try to make it in to check birds. Not even sure whether
the ponds were frozen etc.
Ontario Sewage ponds facility has maintained road access but 4 of the 5
ponds were totally frozen. The open pond had:
45 Gadwall
1 Common Goldeneye
1 Redhead
3 Lesser Scaup
1 Ring-necked
1 Bufflehead, in poor condition
Mallards
Killdeer all over.
Period. No Swallows over here.

I suspect that with the river open, most birds are there. Flocks of
Brewer's and Red-winged Blackbirds mixed with Starlings were in many
places and in flocks of all sizes. Nothing unusual found with any of
them I was able to look at closely. Otherwise highway driving and no
stopping. Judy Meredith, <jmeredit...>
POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!