Date: 3/2/17 5:57 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Coos alt-plumaged Audubon's Warbler
Right next door to the BLM office in N Bend at the Sheriff's office late PM
I saw three W. Bluebirds working the open grassy area there (they have been
around for a few weeks- good winter for them coastally). With them were
about a half dozen AUDUBON'S WARBLER'S. At least three males appeared to
have almost completely molted into breeding plumage (all of them were
molted or molting into alt plume). I don't usually see many Audubon's
coastally until April so this caught my attention? How early do they begin
molting in the valley? I guess these could be early migrants too?

Was working at New River in SW Coos again today. The place was crawling
with Selasphorus Hummers again- the hairy manzanita is in full
bloom. Quite a few females also plus some at the house tonight too (we
have a huge manzanita here and lots of red-flowering currant which is
starting to flower also).

Merry springtime!
Tim R
Coos Bay