Date: 3/2/17 5:25 pm
From: <jacksonwrxt89...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Great Gray Owl 3/2
As posted before, the GREAT GRAY OWL returned this afternoon to the fields where it was discovered yesterday. It was actively hunting in the fields by the time I left providing a stunning show both in a very close, chest height flyby and when it came extremely close to landing on a photographers camera lens!!! What a view that must've been for him.
I'm thinking that Jenna, Steve and Susan had luck in finding the bird in its daytime roost yesterday, but it may be more reliable to view in the late afternoon/evening. I know a lot of folks left empty handed earlier today and you have my deepest sympathies. Hence my reasoning for double-posting, I'd like to help as many people see this amazing bird as possible.
I added some photos I took today to my ongoing gallery for this unbelievable neighbor of mine:
https://flickr.com/photos/103784740@N03/sets/72157677399527574

Also present in the fields was an adult NORTHERN SHRIKE. Apparently a bad place to be if you're a mouse or a vole. I quickly snapped a few digiscoped documentation shots before returning my focus to the main event:
https://flic.kr/p/S2m6sh

-Dylan Jackson
Sunapee

Sent from my iPhone