Date: 3/2/17 3:30 pm
From: Alexander Baish <abaish1...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Possible Tricolored Heron, Berlin, MD
2:26pm: Heading west on US 50 today, I had an ebird-incidental-level sighting of what I was sure was a Tricolored Heron in the drainage ditch just east of the US 113 intersection. This seemed early based on my recollection and checking ebird confirmed it would be about 2 weeks before the early confident arrival window for this species. Because of this, I tried to hustle back from my business in Salisbury to grab a pic before submitting a checklist but was unable to do so before dusk. Being that the sighting location is only a few hundred yards from the super-birdy new Berlin Falls Park and also that I probably won't be able to follow up on this tomorrow, I should tell anybody birding in the vicinity through the weekend to keep cameras ready and eyes open to capture an early sighting and some easy ebird documentation.

Alexander Baish
Presently of Ocean City
Respond to "a l e x a n d e r. b a I s h @outlook.com" (spaces added to defeat spam)