Date: 3/2/17 1:20 pm
From: Lawrence Herbert <certhia13...>
Subject: Re: Red-shouldered Hawk
Here in Joplin, MO., I had a pair of Red-shouldered hawks copulating in
our yard just yesterday, 3-1-17. They have nested here in our yard for two
years.
When we first moved here 28 years ago, they were limited to the streams
of extreme sw. MO. Today they are a regular resident here, and have nested
in
our backyard ! We live just less than a mile north of the MSSU campus.
They screamed. The copulation took place in less than two seconds.
They are our most beautiful Buteo !
Larry
Lawrence Herbert <certhia13...> 3-2-17

Join us on Facebook!