Date: 3/2/17 1:44 pm
From: Karen Herzenberg <karen.herzenberg...>
Subject: Re: [AZNMbirds] ABQ spotted owl
Hi All

I'm afraid my earlier message about viewing the owl came off as kind of flippant. My apologies.

To clarify, we need to be extra cautious and respectful of this sensitive bird of prey and contacting the rangers on one's arrival may help them to limit the bird's stress.

As I was kindly reminded, and I wish to remind you: we should avoid reporting the exact location of sensitive species, and of owls in particular. Although this bird's current "address" is already very public, it is still incumbent upon us to keep in mind the big picture of conservation and not love this owl (or any other animal, plant or location) to death.

Thank you,

Karen Herzenberg
Ranger Karen LLC
Albuquerque, NM