Date: 3/2/17 12:24 pm
From: Ronald Harrell <rharrell9...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Census of Belfast Bay on Thursday, March 2, 2017
Gary Gulezian, Hale Morrell, and I did the census this morning. The
weather began as overcast and drizzily, but improved markedly as the
morning progressed. Heavy winds did not begin until we were almost
finished. We found 17 species and all were typical of this time of year.
Mallards were down in number (67) form earlier censuses. But Herring Gulls
held their own with 692 being sighted. There were 4 Canada Geese seen at
the Upper Bridge area, and this species is not a regular for Belfast Bay.
Total number of birds recorded was 962. The complete report can be found
on ebird using

Ron Harrell