Date: 3/2/17 7:08 am
From: Judy & Don <9waterfall9...>
Subject: CWD public meeting
Following my post about eagles consuming the carcass of a deer that possibly died of CWD - and there are many unobserved cases of this scavenging behavior based on the number of CWD deaths in NW Arkansas alone - Barry Haas asked about disease transmission to eagles and vultures, etc. The most recent understanding I had been given by an AGFC agent was that the disease was only transmissible to other corvids. So this week I inquired about the latest findings on CWD and scavengers, specifically raptors and other avians, as well as other non-cervid animals. I received this info from the manager of the Elk Center in Ponca. Whatever is shared in this upcoming meeting should soon be available on the AGFC website.

Judith
Ninestone, Carroll County

> The public meeting will be at 6pm on March 14th at the Carroll Electric building in Jasper. I sent an email to Little Rock asking if a video will be available on the website, or even live streamed, but haven't had a response yet. Will let you know.

Join us on Facebook!