Date: 3/1/17 11:15 pm
From: Andrew Bankert <abankert2007...>
Subject: [cobirds] Great Black-backed Gull but no Iceland Gull - Loveland - Larimer County
I joined 2 other Colorado State students for a spur of the moment trip to
Horseshoe Reservoir to look for gulls. The best area for diversity seemed
to be the southwest corner, although most viewing is fairly distant. The
young Great Black-backed Gull was present along with 13 Lesser Black-backed
Gulls (including one that had a very similar plumage to the Great
Black-backed). We also had a few Thayer's Gulls, and California Gulls seem
to be increasing. Despite lots of complaining, we could not find the
Iceland Gull.

Good Birding,
Andy Bankert
Fort Collins