Date: 3/1/17 6:49 pm
From: Home <drogin...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Bryant Park
In the past couple of weeks the number of Common White-throated Sparrows has declined precipitously. No sign of Grey Catbirds. House Sparrows now rule. The flower beds have been cleared and the daffodil stalks are just days away from bursting. A lone European Starling struts around the bird bath. Typical for March, the Song Sparrows are passing through. I counted three. I hadn't seen the Lincoln Sparrow for almost a month but I found one, perhaps a different fellow, more brown, but in a favorite spot - the northwest corner. I'll keep watch for that harbinger of Spring, the aerodynamically challenged American Woodcock.

Happy Birding,
Alan Drogin
Sent from my iPhone

ARCHIVES: