Date: 3/1/17 6:06 pm
From: Alice Horst <ahorst...>
Subject: [BRDBRAIN] ID help - Marion County
The reason these pictures are so poor is because the birds were half way across the lake from where I was standing. Couldn’t get closer.
Any ideas?
I am going back tomorrow and try again.

Lake Weir, today, I definitely saw 2 Common Loons but then 2 puzzlers:

These 2 birds pretty much stayed together. Have “Merganser” type feathers on back of heads, but I do not think they are female Hooded Mergansers. I really don’t know.

2 “puzzlers"

2 “puzzlers” and 1 common Loon

2 “puzzlers”

Common Loon beginning to show breeding plumage

Thank you for any ID help.
Alice Horst, Marion County, FL
<ahorst...>

please visit us on the web at: