Date: 3/1/17 5:19 pm
From: Jeanne-Marie Maher <jeannemariemaher...>
Subject: [NHBirds] March comes in like a lamb?
The day started out early with a 0630 apt in Boston (and a 0400 wake up call), so onto to the coast, highlights included 3 pintails at Philbrick Marsh, with 8 Green winged teal, 18 purple sandpipers in Rye, too numerous to count red wings black birds and grackles, then came the word.... a Mew Gull in Salem?
Oh my!, and I wasn't going to chase (and I didn't) until the word came in that the Great Grey had been found again by Susan, Jenna and Steve, so headed across the state to see that fabulous bird.
On a whim tried for the Mew gull "on the way home" (not really) no luck. But with weather holding hit Hollis tonight to listen for American Woodcock and they are definitely Peenting. No aerials though with the winds beginning to blow. And with winds of change/ March - blowing back the cold , what will tomorrow bring???

Many thanks to Steve Mirick, Becky Suomala for the postings and to our intrepid hunters Kyle, Jenna, Susan and Steve Bennett, maybe the Mew will still be around???
Happy Birding

Jeanne-Marie Maher
Nashua/Jackson NH