Date: 3/1/17 4:06 pm
From: Jason Horn <0000007179661740-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Eurasian Green-winged Teal, Montgomery County
When I got home I checked ebird to see if anyone had reported the Teal. I found a photo with the bird from 2/25. In the photo they reported a possible American/Eurasian intergrade. The Eurasian in the picture has the horizontal stripe partly concealed, while the other bird is showing a bold horizontal stripe. On the Eurasian you can see that it lacks the vertical white bar and has bolder pale border lines on it's head. The horizontal stripe on these teal can vary depending on the posture of the birds. This at times makes it an easy bird to overlook.

Good birding

Jason Horn

Join us on Facebook!