Date: 3/1/17 1:21 pm
From: Alice Horst <ahorst...>
Subject: [BRDBRAIN] Great Horned Owlets, SUMTER COUNTY, FL
A fellow birder, Jan Mercer, told me she found a Great Horned Owl’s nest near her house in The Villages, Sumter County.
I went to her house this morning and we walked behind her house around a pond.
The nest is on a high tension wire support much like our Bald Eagle’s nest on Mulberry Recreation Trail.
One adorable little guy was standing up on the support. It was hard to see the other(s) or how many others there were in the nest.
One slowly stuck his head above the nest to be seen and THEN a third head popped up!
What a treat!
One adult was close by watching the kids!

“I’m the OLDEST"

the only thing cuter than 1 Eaglet is 2 or 3 of them

The “older” one was getting bored.

Supervision from above.

If anyone is interested in seeing these guys before they leave their nest contact Jan Mercer for information about seeing them: <j.b.mercer...> <mailto:<j.b.mercer...>

They can be seen from fairly far away on Palo Alto near Luna Lane. This is a residential neighborhood so please be courteous.

Every day is a GREAT day to go birding!
Alice Horst, Marion County
<ahorst...>
please visit us on the web at: