Date: 3/1/17 11:38 am
From: 'Carolyn A. Marsh' <cmarshbird...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: RE: IBET Big Marsh, Cook - 2/28 morning (Tundra Swan - Yes)
The Big Marsh north parking lot is blocked and closed. Only the Big Marsh
bike park on the south end, next to a landfill, is open to the public.
Inside the bike park, the single-track bike trail going north does not
connect to the north parking lot. It intentionally ends at an excavated
channel preventing access to the northern most section. The Chicago Park
District requires participants to sign a Liability Release Form during
events on the north side because of the environmental hazards. How does a
birder explore the northern portion of the park under the circumstances?

Carolyn Marsh, bistate birder, Whiting, IN

_____