Date: 3/1/17 9:11 am
From: Richard Wolfert <rwolfert...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Get lost
I had a nice long talk with one of the farmers there several days ago. He apologized but said that the geese prefer the sod over the winter wheat, and that they make holes in the sod and deposit weed seeds. That’s the rationale for dispersing the Snow Geese.

For those interested, one place that they went to was a small double pond area with a very large field at 125 Sharon Station Road. That’s where several found the Ross’s Goose.

Rich Wolfert
East Brunswick, NJ
New Jersey Nature Notes on the web and on Facebook

> On Mar 1, 2017, at 9:18 AM, robert dodelson <rdodelson...> wrote:
>
> The authorities have placed about 100 Snow Goose decoys on the sod near
> the intersection of Old York Road (rote 539) and Herbert Road.
> Accordingly the large flock has moved a couple of miles down the road
> towards Assunpink (by 43 Herbert Road)
> Bob Dodelson
>

> How to report NJ bird sightings: see <www.njbrc.com/index.php/reporting-rare-birds/>
> or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>