Date: 3/1/17 8:00 am
From: zellene via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Vulture question
After seeing two Turkey Vultures on a ledge in the W. Hartford Reservoir, possibly with future nesting in mind, I wondered if it were possible for a TV and a Black Vulture to interbreed. Both are in the Cathartidae family, but TV's are Cathartes aura and Blacks are Coragyps atratus. I have not seen any mention of interbreeding in the literature, but now that both are present in CT the question crossed my mind. Would be interesting...

Zellene