Date: 3/1/17 6:41 am
From: Tim Carney <timmyc83...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Masonville 2/28/2017
Yesterday I conducted a census at Masonville Cove. I relocated the continuing ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER at the end of the stream behind the Education Center. It foraged there for a bit, then flew east into one of the restricted areas.

In a different restricted area, I was walking near a brushy area and inadvertently flushed an American Woodcock.

There was a nice array of waterfowl behind the Education Center, including Canvasbacks, Ruddy Ducks, Lesser Scaup, and a notable influx of Horned Grebes. I also saw small numbers of Northern Shovelers, Buffleheads, and Common Mergansers mixed in as well.

eBird checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S34892319

Tim Carney
Nottingham, MD