Date: 3/1/17 6:30 am
From: <pcollins...> <pcollins...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SEAZ: 5th Annual Tubac Hawk Watch Info (no birds - yet)
Tubac Hawk Watch March 1-31, 2017

Where: Ron Morriss County Park, Tubac, AZ
When: 8:00am-1:00pm daily March 1 through 31

Directions: Exit 34 on I19. Take the east side frontage road north to Plaza Rd. Take
Plaza Rd east then take a right onto Burruel St, then left at La Paloma De Tubac,
This turns into Calle Iglesia. Follow Calle Iglesia east until you reach the river trees.
You may note a small brown sign for “county park”. At trees take right which will bring you into the park

If using Google or Apple maps, enter “Ron Morriss” (2 r’s and 2 s’s) and you should find
“Ron Morriss County Park”. Be sure it takes you to the north side of the park off Calle Iglesia.
Sometimes map/gps apps will try to take you to the south end of the park. That road does not
go through to the park.

Typically the best chance for good hawk viewing is roughly 9:00 - 11:00am.

Pitchers and catchers have reported for spring training and once again Major League Baseball has wisely bypassed Tucson recognizing that they can not compete with the raptor action at 5th spring Tubac Hawk Watch at Ron Morriss Park. Counters and scanners reported to the park in late February working to sharpen their skills and reset their focus from Netflix binging range to the far horizon. Veteran photographers are expected in camp soon. Join us daily in March to see what year five will give us. Will we improve on our lifetime average of 241 Common Black Hawks? Will the 2015 record for Zone-tailed Hawks fall? Can the Short-tailed Hawk tantalize the crowd by extending its three year streak?

For non-sports fans the baseball metaphors will fade like a Chicago Cubs late summer pennant drive - oh, wait…

Peter Collins
Vail, AZ
(already late for day 1)