Date: 3/1/17 3:22 am
From: Dan Prima <raptormafia...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Swampscott Mew Gull....confirmation of band number
Just an update on the banded Mew Gull.   I contacted the Fuglamerkingar - Icelandic Bird Ringing Centre at the Icelandic Institute of Natural History in Reykjavik....and they got right back to me to confirm the band on our visiting Mew Gull in Swampscott.
Dear Dan Prima thank you for reporting your observation of a metal ringed Mew Gull/Common Gull Larus canus. The ring is definitely Icelandic and I belive I managed to list out the number as 581641 from your photographs. And indeed this ring was used on a Mew Gull. 581641, 5900 Stormmáfur, 381 Þorlákur S. Helgason, Akureyrarflugvöllur, 23.6.2013 The bird was ringed as pullus near Akureyri airport in N-Iceland on 23rd June 2013. We will send you a proper receipt for this very interesting resighting soon. Thank you again.  Best wishes,Gudmundur A. Gudmundsson
Quite a thrill!
Good birding!
Dan PrimaTewksbury <MAraptormafia...>

Join us on Facebook!