Date: 2/28/17 6:38 pm
From: Tom Palmer <000000341ea7e2ea-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: [BRDBRAIN] Nanday Parakeet, Lakeland
I saw about half a dozen a couple of weeks ago on W. Memorial Blvd. There was a small flock south of Lake Wales 35 years ago, but they didn't persist. Whether this newest population will persist is a good question. They may decline as the Monk Parakeets did.

Tom Palmer
Winter Haven

 Follow my environmental musings at www.lakebluescrub.blogspot.com

Subject: [BRDBRAIN] Nanday Parakeet, Lakeland
To: <BRDBRAIN...>
Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 4:18 PM

Yesterday
I came across a Nanday Parakeet on a power line near the
corner of George Jenkins Blvd. & Veterans Ave. on the
northwest side of Lakeland. There was historically a small
population of these birds that bred (or at least attempted
to breed) in this area, but the most recent report was from
February 23, 2015 - just over two years ago. Not sure if
this was a lone surviving bird from that population or a new
one from the coast who came in recently, but it was an
interesting sighting regardless.
Daniel
EstabrooksWinter
Haven, FL
To subscribe, unsubscribe or view archives of the brdbrain
listserv list,
please visit us on the web at:
<LISTSERV...>
To reinstate mail service after NOMAIL send a message: SET
BRDBRAIN MAIL to
<LISTSERV...>
please visit us on the web at:
<LISTSERV...>