Date: 2/28/17 4:54 pm
From: Michael Fialkovich <mpfial...>
Subject: Lawrence County--Meadowlark
Hi,

On the way home from a business trip to Cleveland today I stopped in the Volant Strips/Black Swamp area.

I heard an Eastern Meadowlark calling at the Volant Strips and numerous Red-winged Blackbirds were throughout the area. I was there ten days ago or so and only found a few red-wings near Pennsy Swamp. A large mixed flock of European Starlings, Red-winged Blackbirds and Common Grackles were along Bonanni Road and 13 Sandhill Cranes were in the field visible from Bonanni and Old Ash Road. A group of 8 were at the Volant Strips visible from Coopertown Road.

Ten Ring-necked Ducks were at the pond on Jackson School Road at the strips and a Pileated Woodpecker flew over Golf Course Road.

Mike Fialkovich
Pittsburgh Area, Allegheny County

Join us on Facebook!