Date: 2/28/17 4:44 pm
From: Mike Larrivee <mlarrivee76...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Re: Owl again
So I want to say that the Owl tonight was showing off to all the people
there, it was a great display. Everyone there was very respectful and kept
their distance and stayed together as a group. The owl was in a tree in
the distance and no one rushed the tree, with that patience the group was
allowed to see the owl hunt several times. We even got to see that the owl
was able to feed, the owl then flew to the far left of the field where it
continued to hunt and was successful. At this point people packed up and
started to leave, once at the top of the hill where the cemetary ends the
owl flew in and landed on a rock as if almost posing, it was a treat
because it came to us, after sitting there for 10 minutes or so it flew
within 30 feet of the group and posed again for about 10 minutes then flew
off. I am not writing to get into the middle of the bird harassment issues
just giving an update on tonights events it was spectacular.